Dear Mother and Father,
While I've not seen the outside of the tavern except for the roof in a few weeks, I really am quite comfortable here. Even though my peculiar dreams leave me a wee bit nervous as to what may be "out there", I know cognitively that I am very safe here and can see that all around me. In fact, the first thing I see when I wake up is a rack of spears through the open door of the bedchamber. If a monster like in my dreams were to attack, I would be well equipped to defend myself. This is all to say nothing of
Mama Miss Dreamscape, whom I suspect would enjoy doing to any hostile creatures what Porridge would do to squirrels. (In case you're wondering, I have yet to seriously upset her that I know of. I wonder how long I can keep this going. I give her and anything that seems important to her, e.g. her hats, as much space as possible, although I've seen little hints and flickers that she knows where I am in the building at all times: another thing that reminds me of Porridge. I'm still tiptoeing along that beautiful glass shelf. I haven't slipped and broken anything yet. I wonder how much more time there is.) Even when she is out guarding the city, all the military weapons comfort me. Sometimes I go on the roof and practice swishing them about just in case I ever need to defend myself, which I know is highly unlikely in a world full of responsible adults. In fact, it is probably downright redundant in light of what Mr. Baron said about the state of Steamland medical science. I bet I could jump right off the side of this roof here and go sploopht on the ground and all the madboys and madgirls would come and fix me up good as new. They would probably be angry at me, though, so I'll do no such thing. In fact, sometimes I wonder about the time I fell out the ground-story window. I still haven't been punished for that yet. Do you think they've already forgotten about it?
I still think about you constantly and love you very much, although the glass shelf does preoccupy me at times.
Love,
Shaqad
No comments:
Post a Comment