Dear Mother and Father,
I am deeply sorry about yesterday. I have no excuses for the lack of etiquette I displayed at the tavern party nor for the unstructured rambling of my letter. I think my head is clearer today, although things that cannot speak are still speaking to me, and I can still feel a hug. I gave up on finding anything of interest in Shanghai, especially after a large crowd gathered around the docks and made a most dreadful fuss regarding a chang, prompting me to give them as much space as possible. Now that I'm back in my home-space, I've begun working on a new weapon in case I ever need to defend myself. It's rather like a spear but has a disorderly mess of mimmoth tusks on the end of it rather than a single point. I'll probably have to swing it around like a cricket bat if I intend to damage anything. I'm sure you don't really care about this entire topic.
I remember something spoken at the party that might be of interest. They (Ms. Steamweaver the Jaegerlady and a Mr. Kozlov I've met multiple times) stated from experience that there are many dimensions that have humans and humanoids in them rather than just squidgy aliens like the brain-licking sea monster. Now I know it isn't physically impossible for me to be in one. I wonder how I might be able to tell. Suppose two universes were so similar that they both called themselves the same thing: How would they be distinguished, then? It would be nice to simply ask somebody, but who would I ask? Who would know such a thing?
If it turns out that I am in a parallel universe with a parallel Shaqad in it, do you think I should change my name to avoid confusion? What do you think of the name Princess Genevieve Mercy Felicia Anastasia Crystal Rose Isabella Victorianna Unicorn Sparkleflower Ashbourne?
In the meantime, I know I must improve my behavior. I cannot blame all of my problems on the aether. What is the secret to dispelling my stupidity? I guess if you knew that, you would have tried it a long time ago. Now I must figure it out on my own. Simply trying harder will be a reasonable first step, I'm sure.
My cheese gun has run out of fuel and stopped working. I am left in awe of the overwhelming lack of judment that led me to trust something I built myself to keep me fed throughout the winter. There is not a single dandelion leaf to be found up there, either. I very desperately need to figure out how to cook mimmoths. If I had a small machine, I'm sure I could set my mind to fixing it and thus produce a massive explosion in accordance with the Ashbourne Curse, which could possibly prepare nearby mimmoths in the same way the Jaegerladies did it. I'm trying it with my cheese gun right now, but it doesn't seem to be working. Maybe it ran out of explosions while I was originally building it. Yet, it didn't seem to be all that many explosions at the time; it really seems like there ought to be some left over.
It occurs to me that if I put the cheesification engine back together in a slightly different way, there is a remote chance that it could be made to run on a more readily available material such as gravel. If I fail horribly, which is the most likely outcome, it will either cook some mimmoths or cook me. In either case, I will no longer be in need of food. Do you think Valdy or anyone else would notice if this version of me exploded?
I should end the letter now in order to focus on reassembling the gun. I guess you'll never get this letter or any of the others if I don't survive, so if you do get this eventually, things went well.
Shaqad
No comments:
Post a Comment