Thursday, August 19, 2010

Fhtagn

Dear Mother and Father,

I regret to say that although I have technically gotten back to The Grid more than once, this strange extra-Grid region always pulls me back well before sundown. I suspect that I have become contaminated by it somehow. This must be reversible, mustn't it? I hope so, because I cannot think of what I might by myself do in order to atone for my profound stupidity.
My dreams have been fluctuating between the usual kind and the new calm ones where nothing worse happens that evil alien monsters stealing my head off. I get the feeling that the place I am in right now is deeply unstable for my subconscious to shift back and forth like that. (Yes, I'm blaming the environment for my mental states. Sadly t
ypical of me, isn't it?)
I figured out that much of the moving scenery is alive, but only in the sense that vegetables or Dr. Pasteur's Microbes are alive. I've stepped on a few by accident and broken them. I must say, although I don't know what I am looking at, they are a marvel to behold. I've taken to collecting the pieces. I don't have an actual use for them, but as long as I keep getting sent back to this place, I might as well have something to show for it, and I may in the future come up with a use. Father, maybe you would know what to do with these.I finally ran into an alien, but you will be relieved to know that nothing too bad happened. A lot of aimless wandering brought me to a place full of giant stony walls, and in between some of them was an unconscious biped. I tried to wake it up, but to no avail. I fear it may be grievously sick or injured. I wish I could have done something for it, but even with my book about how to sew people, there's no guarantee that I'd be able to guess its anatomy, as it was a plump, scaly thing with spiny wings and a beard of long, noodly feelers. Worse yet, even if I'd had the knowledge, it was about the length of Boston lying down and I'd not have had large enough equipment to do anything for it. I hope it'll be alright. I feel so helpless in situations like that.
Until something beyond my control changes, I don't know what I'll do but continue to endure this. I hope I'm not missing anything of great importance back home on The Grid! Please know that even if I get stuck here or stuck in this transitional sort of existence forever, I will always love you and my heart will always be wherever you are.

Love always,
Your Shaqad

No comments:

Post a Comment