Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween alone

Dear Mother and Father,

I haven't left Der Hut des Jaeger since Thursday evening. Strangely, I'm beginning to feel a trifle lonesome, although I do spend so much time by myself no matter what. Last month, at least, I had all manner of fantastical mirages to keep me company. I've been using the time to improve Squeezy, so that now it's at the point where it can move on its own when I set it down on the floor. Still, Squeezy is not an intelligent lifeform and isn't quite what one would call "company", no matter how wonderful a pillow it makes.
Tonight will most likely be the most hazardous night of the year. I wonder how all my friends are doing. Is Mrs. Lowey safe when she "shifts between planes", or will she accidentally end up in some Elder Thing's lair? Will Miss Dreamscape defeat the sea monsters? Are Miss Gearbox and Mr. Bayn safe from said sea monsters? How is Miss Blackheart managing her magical powers? Has Mr. Paine gotten himself into any more trouble? Is Miss Corryong's life as perfect as she is? Does Mr./Miss Bermann have everthing he/she needs?
I wish there were someone I could ask about all this. In fact, some of those things I should have just asked on Thursday, if I had been able to think of it with so many people around.
I imagine you two are still safe, as Boston was never one of the more aetherically unstable parts of the world. Do enjoy yourselves, whatever you may be doing!
Love,
Your Shaqad

No comments:

Post a Comment